For many teens and young adults, moving forward into the future can be a confusing and often difficult endeavor. Many experience pressure from family, friends, and society to move in a particular direction or pursue a certain path. Moreover, I see larger numbers of people in their mid to late 20’s experience what has come to be known as “The Quarter-Life Crisis”.
Academic and Career counseling, coaching, and exploration has many benefits including clarification of values, strengths, interests, and areas of opportunity.
Some of the services I provide include (but are not limited to):
– Academic advisement
– Assistance in preparing college and graduate school applications
– Assistance in preparing personal statements for college/graduate school applications
– Assistance and education surrounding financial aid, FAFSA applications, grants, and student loans
– Assistance in locating study abroad programs
– Assistance in locating internships
– Review of academic and professional writing samples
– Vocational/occupational interest assessments
– Review of resumes/curriculum vitae
– Interview preparation
Keeley Teemsma, MA, MSW, LCSW